Credit Control / Collections Clerk
Credit Controller / Collections - Finance Centre, Stockport
The Credit Controller is responsible for Customer debt, delivered by careful adherence to process. They ensure the department operates efficiently thorough the accurate and timely processing of accounts receivable activities, with all queries (internal and external) addressed promptly and thoroughly. Drive 5 behaviours are reflected within actions and conduct at all time.
- Key point of contacts for Customers regarding Vehicle debt, disputes and / or late payments
- Liaison with internal and external customers to maximise on time payments and minimise associated business disruption
- Post customer payments ensuring accurate allocation, investigate and resolve any discrepancies
- Full Accountability and ownership of investigating & resolving internal / external Customer / Supplier issues
- Proactive housekeeping e.g. payments on account and aged balances
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a Credit Control / Collections role
- Proven ability to build strong relationships; evidence of service that prioritises, meets and exceeds customer expectations; deals promptly with customer concerns
- Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively to achieve targets in a timely and efficient manner; consults colleagues and refers appropriately
- Able to evidence pride and enthusiasm for product and brand
- Sets high standards for self and others; works effectively in partnership with all colleagues; supports with actions that secure achievement of business objectives
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and techniques, and willingness to embrace opportunities for change
About the Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer operating in 32 countries across the UK, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia and Australasia. As brand custodian for 30 of the world’s leading automotive OEMs (including Audi, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen), Inchcape handles product planning, brand positioning, logistics, marketing, network management, sales and aftersales services.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 18,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £8.9 billion in its last financial year.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Inchcape Retail Limited