Development Lead (Europe)
Please note that this is not a UK based role, preferred locations include; Poland, Romania, Greece, Bulgaria, Lithuania and Russia
Here at Inchcape we are looking for great people to drive our global business. We are made up of passionate people who are leading our industry, excited about growing our business and collaborate to find the best answers for a better world. Our people are critical to driving the success of our business and we are committed to supporting our teams in the development of their skills, knowledge and behaviours to continue to thrive at Inchcape.
To help support this we are looking for a Talent and Development Lead to support our European region where you will be empowered to create and deliver engaging and innovative learning experiences with a particular focus on embedding effective, pragmatic and practical solutions for the purpose of equipping people with the core skills and behaviours required in their role. You will enable and support the delivery and optimisation of business performance and strategic priorities, working collaboratively with business leaders and HR colleagues in Europe, Group and across other Markets.
No day is the same, you will work on a number of activities including
- Evaluating individual and organisational development needs, translating into core capabilities and designing and delivering compelling blended learning experiences, exploring new digital learning activities to encourage and embed a digital mind-set
- Conducting workshops, learning programs and individual learning sessions both virtual and in person
- Working collaboratively with the wider European HR team to identify needs and support the coaching and development of line managers in Europe to optimise their performance and the performance of their teams. Sharing best practice across the Europe Markets and showcase where different learning solutions can create efficiencies in the way people learn
- Supporting the Europe Head of Talent and Development on the annual Talent Review, working collaboratively with the Europe Senior Leadership Teams and HR Business Partners to facilitate the translation of key outcomes/themes/risks and opportunities into detailed actions
- Supporting and implementing our Europe People strategy by working closely with HR Business Partners and Managers across Europe
- Actively supporting the creation of an inclusive culture, identifying, implementing and championing initiatives to improve all aspects of diversity to optimise business performance
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you would need to evidence the following
- Proven experience in creating, sourcing and implementing a broad range of pragmatic, innovative, blended and digital learning solutions in a fast paced, customer centric environment.
- Experience facilitating and delivering training in an international environment
- Practical application in large, complex organisations of latest thinking/practice in the use of solutions in development and talent management.
- Knowledge of the latest learning technologies, authoring tools and virtual classrooms to support a range of solutions and scenarios
- Experienced in coaching managers to optimise their performance and/or the performance of their teams/business area
- The ability to produce and maintain detailed talent data, enabling effective data management and reporting, generating and utilising insight to make informed decisions and business recommendations
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to collaborate through an international matrix structure and across different cultures, gaining colleague engagement, commitment and buy-in to deliver.
- Highly skilled in all forms of communication at all levels, demonstrating a deep subject matter expertise balanced with pragmatic understanding of business needs/priorities.
- Self-starter, highly skilled and hands on in both creating clear strategies and plans and delivering practical, pragmatic actions with minimal guidance, quite often change environments with ambiguity
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
Inchcape Retail Limited