Head of Aftersales
Head of Aftersales - Jaguar Land Rover Derby
As Head of Aftersales you will responsible for providing direction for the entire Aftersales operation in order to deliver against one of Inchcape’s key priorities of ‘Growing Aftersales’. Our Head of Aftersales will ensure that all of the departments within the After Sales operation function efficiently and as one unit to optimise performance and provide customer excellence. As an Aftersales Manager your team will comprise of Service Advisors and Technicians who will need clear direction to order to run an efficient and professional operation, always ensuring that an incredible customer experience is given.
Alongside your customer-centric attitude, you will be commercially minded, passionate about the car industry, motivated by setting, achieving and exceeding targets.
- Meet key performance indicators and targets for the service and parts departments
- Look for opportunities to increase efficiency of the Aftersales operation and increase recovery rates
- Take actions to sustain, retain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction, whilst sustained profitability
- Work with team to develop understanding and implementation of customer focussed environment, setting clear objectives/targets
- Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution
- Liaise with external companies to ensure good working relationships are developed
- Maintain rigorous control of Department costs, stock and budget
- Ensure warranty procedures are followed correctly to ensure prompt recovery of monies due
- Recruit, coach and appraise team to ensure they are operating to full potential
- Ensure that company standards are followed in relation to control of funds, premises, vehicles, and other company resources
- Ensure that steps are taken to ensure safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation are complied with.
The Ideal Candidate
To be a success in this role, you will have
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Aftersales Manager in a Main Dealer environment
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of developing and monitoring budgets
- An understanding of marketing processes and development of pricing strategies
- Up to date knowledge of vehicle and consumer legislation, trade practices and FCA regulations and duties
- Be able to guide and direct a large team
- A strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills - able to negotiate and influence
Head of Aftersales will receive a guaranteed base salary, plus an excellent bonus structure, we also offer great benefits including:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
- Company car
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount gym membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer operating in 32 countries across the UK, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia and Australasia. As brand custodian for 30 of the world’s leading automotive OEMs (including Audi, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen), Inchcape handles product planning, brand positioning, logistics, marketing, network management, sales and aftersales services.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 18,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £8.9 billion in its last financial year.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Inchcape Retail Limited