Parts Supervisor / Manager - Toyota Oxford
The role of the Parts Manager is to control the sourcing and supply of vehicle parts to achieve parts volumes and profit objectives
- Establish realistic and achievable targets for the department
- Take steps to manage stock inventories and authorise requisitions to the agree levels.
- Promote the Parts Department facilities and services by various means to maintain and increase sales to customers through workshop, retail and trade outlets.
- Take actions to sustain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction
- Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution.
- Monitor back orders daily to ensure delivery is received as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with Service Manager to ensure close co-operation for supply of parts for servicing work and special service promotions.
- Work with team to develop understanding and implementation of customer focussed environment
- Check the maintenance and condition of the parts department premises, and equipment, ensuring that these comply with established procedures and spending limits.
- Regularly review stock obsolescence programme in line with Company procedures.
- Ensure regular stock check routines are adhered to.
- Liaise with manufacturer over Parts Discrepancy Report
- Control stock checks in line with Company procedures
- Ensure efficient systems for locating parts.
- Recruit, coach and appraise team to ensure they are operating to full potential.
- Agree clear targets and ensure all team members are clear on their responsibilities
- Ensure Company HR policies are following correctly
- Develop Department’s potential through understanding of market trends and opportunities.
- Regularly review part accessory displays.
- Maintain sound and competitive pricing structures.
- Ensure that company standards are followed in relation to control of funds, remised, vehicles, and other company resources.
- Ensure that steps are taken to ensure safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation are complied with.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable success of running a Parts Department with similar inventory levels
- Experience of preparing and managing departmental budgets
- Previous experience in a managerial or supervisory role for a team
- Sound knowledge of the automotive industry
- Exposure to stock checking routines and process/audit requirements
- Able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Able to influence and persuade
- Able to motivate a team of people
- Strong commercial awareness
- Personally well organised and works to high standards
- Logical approach to planning
As a Parts Manager will receive a competitive salary, we also offer great benefits including:
* 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Discount gym membership
* Vehicle purchase discount
* Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
* Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer operating in 32 countries across the UK, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia and Australasia. As brand custodian for 30 of the world’s leading automotive OEMs (including Audi, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen), Inchcape handles product planning, brand positioning, logistics, marketing, network management, sales and aftersales services.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 18,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £8.9 billion in its last financial year.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Inchcape Retail Limited