Regional HR Advisor
Human Resources Advisor / HR Officer - Field Based (South)
This is a field based role, looking after our Inchcape Retail Centres in the South of England. You will be based from home and travel to our sites as required.
As a HR Advisor you will manage the whole spectrum of employee relations casework with managers and employees across Inchcape UK to resolution and within internal SLA’s, ensuring a fair and consistent application of Inchcape UK policies and processes at all times, whilst aligning with the appropriate current legislation. You will also manage and support all employee relations queries via the HR Advice Line from employees and Line Managers.
You will participate in HR and/or business projects, to support business priorities, including assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures to support the business, ensuring continuous improvement and compliance with current and forthcoming legislation. Through observation and feedback, you will work with the Senior HR Advisor to identify proactive interventions that will drive performance and support the business objectives.
- Manage employee relations cases effectively ensuring a consistent approach is applied across the business
- Coach and support line managers to enable effective employee relations resolutions and people management capability including all formal processes, contractual obligations, terms and conditions, policies etc.
- Establish the facts and determine the most appropriate business solution in line with our processes and policies
- Be able to support conflict resolution via Mediation
- Ensure that all correspondence sent to employee in relation to the above meets minimum standards/legal obligations and is recorded appropriately and in line with GDPR standards
- Participate in HR and/or business projects, to support business priorities, including assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures, to support the business areas, ensuring compliance with current and forthcoming legislation
- Support development and delivery of HR/Employee Relations workshops/courses, either standard or bespoke to business need
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with HRBPs, providing updates on cases, and advising of potential issues arising
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement within HR Operations around our service offering and striving to reach operational excellence
- To support implementation of change programmes (end to end process) for Resource Plan reviews and other organisation changes
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within a similar role
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of company policies and procedures specifically HR policies and terms and conditions of employment and practical experience of how to apply them
- Knowledge and experience of managing casework / employee relations cases and situations to a successful outcome
- Excellent knowledge of employment law and understanding that this should be kept up to date at all times
- Experience of coaching and training line managers
- Ability to manage own diary/SLAs and ensure prioritisation in line with the business needs where necessary
- Mediation skills desirable
- Have the ability to think of the bigger picture in terms of solutions and to understand the business impact and risks of alternative solutions
- Effective communication and relationships skills
- An ability to work under pressure, work to high volumes and be resilient and to remain mature and professional at all times
- A self confident and proactive approach with the ability to be resilient under pressure
- CIPD Qualification (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential
About the Company
- A pension that pays – Our flexible pension scheme gives you the freedom to plan for the future in a way that suits you. Choose exactly how much you want to contribute on a monthly basis
- Save as you earn plan- reap the rewards of Inchcape’s success and effortlessly grow your savings. Save every month for a set period in order to buy Inchcape shares at a discounted price
- Life Assurance – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Employee Discounts with The Showroom – make your salary go further with the discounts and cashback offers available at over 1000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take employee wellbeing seriously at Inchcape, we offer a programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – Receive industry leading training from the brand you represent whilst you develop your skills with the Inchcape training team
- And much more….
Inchcape Retail Limited