SMART Repair Technician
As a Smart Repair Technician you will be always thinking of how to achieve the highest standards in customer service, whilst ensuring that safety and quality are top of mind. A Smart Repair Technician has technical knowledge and a professional attitude, they are able to work to efficiency/productivity targets and have the skills to be a Smart Repairer. As a Smart Repair Technician you will support others in this busy environment and you will have the support of the brand to ensure that their knowledge and skills are up to date.
* Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures.
* Meeting acceptable safety and quality standards
* Interpret and implement technical instruction data
* Use all paint mixing schemes and drying areas/equipment accurately for all paint repairs
* Seek clarification from the Manager or Supervisor if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
* Complete assigned jobs within the estimated repair/paint times
* Safeguard the customer’s vehicle and its contents while in the workshop
* Ensure that all vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customers
* Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines
* Fulfil all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction
The Ideal Candidate
To be a success in this role, you will have:
* The knowledge of smart repairs/paint
* The capability of working to the highest quality standards
* Basic IT skills in order to use a tablet
* Previous experience with smart repair and paint
* Great team player and communication skills
* Maintain high standards of house-keeping
* Prior experience of working to efficiency targets
* A full UK driving license
Smart Repair Technicians will receive a guaranteed base salary, a highly rewarding monthly efficiency bonus, we also offer great benefits including:
* 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Discount gym membership
* Vehicle purchase discount
* Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
* Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer operating in 32 countries across the UK, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia and Australasia. As brand custodian for 30 of the world’s leading automotive OEMs (including Audi, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen), Inchcape handles product planning, brand positioning, logistics, marketing, network management, sales and aftersales services.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 18,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £8.9 billion in its last financial year.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Inchcape Retail Limited