SMART Repair Technician
Smart Repair Technician - VW Stockport
As a Smart Repair Technician you will be always thinking of how to achieve the highest standards in customer service, whilst ensuring that safety and quality are top of mind. A Smart Repair Technician has technical knowledge and a professional attitude, they are able to work to efficiency/productivity targets and have the skills to be a Smart Repairer. As a Smart Repair Technician you will support others in this busy environment and you will have the support of the brand to ensure that their knowledge and skills are up to date.
* Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures.
* Meeting acceptable safety and quality standards
* Interpret and implement technical instruction data
* Use all paint mixing schemes and drying areas/equipment accurately for all paint repairs
* Seek clarification from the Manager or Supervisor if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
* Complete assigned jobs within the estimated repair/paint times
* Safeguard the customer’s vehicle and its contents while in the workshop
* Ensure that all vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customers
* Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines
* Fulfil all tasks to the customer’s complete satisfaction
The Ideal Candidate
To be a success in this role, you will have:
* The knowledge of smart repairs/paint
* The capability of working to the highest quality standards
* Basic IT skills in order to use a tablet
* Previous experience with smart repair and paint
* Great team player and communication skills
* Maintain high standards of house-keeping
* Prior experience of working to efficiency targets
* A full UK driving license
We are all about rewarding hard work at Inchcape, you’ll receive a competitive base salary with a highly rewarding monthly efficiency bonus. You also receive a fantastic benefits package including the following;
- Vehicle purchase discount – There are plenty ways that you & your family can Drive with Us at Inchcape, from vehicle discounts to service offers. Own your dream car for less.
- A pension that pays – Our flexibility pension scheme offers gives you the freedom to plan for the future in a way that suits you while we match your contributions up to 7%
- Life Assurance – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Employee Discounts with The Showroom – make your salary go further with the discounts and cashback offers available at over 1000 retailers
- Discount Gym membership – keep fit with our big brand gym & fitness offers
- Cycle to work scheme – get a new bike, equipment or both
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take employee wellbeing seriously at Inchcape. That’s why we offer a programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
- Save as you earn plan- reap the rewards of Inchcape’s success and effortlessly grow your savings. Save every month for a set period in order to buy shares in Inchcape at a great price.
- Health Shield Cash Plan – Supporting your health and your wallet, this benefit reimburses you the cost of everyday health care from prescriptions to dental work.
- Customer Introduction Reward – refer someone to buy a car from us and we’ll pop some extra cash in your pay check.
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – Receive industry leading training from the brand you represent whilst you develop your skills with the Inchcape training team
About the Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer. We are present in 36 national markets and operate as a key strategic partner to the world’s foremost premium and luxury car brands for whom we provide an effective, well-financed and customer centered route to market for vehicles and parts.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 15,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £6.8 billion in its last financial year.
We aim to deliver an outstanding customer experience at every one of our franchised dealerships, and to support this all our dealerships have specialist, manufacturer trained staff to ensure you and your car receive the best possible attention.
We operate across every link of the post-factory automotive value chain for our OEM partners, providing a highly efﬁcient, customer-focused route to market that delivers shared rewards at every stage.
We have 170 years of successful international trade experience based on a spirit of innovation that still thrives within the organisation
OUR VISION: To be the world’s most trusted automotive Distributor.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Inchcape Retail Limited