The Group Strategy department at Inchcape Plc is recruiting for a strategy analyst for a full time role. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented, recent graduate / early career mover looking for a springboard into strategy at a multi-national organisation.
Inchcape is one of the world’s largest independent automotive distributors and retailers. Our core purpose is to create an incredible customer experience for the best car brands in the world. We work on behalf of brands including Mercedes, Jaguar-Land Rover, VW Group (VW, Audi, Porsche), Toyota / Lexus, Suzuki and Subaru.
Founded in 1847, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange and have over 18,700 employees in 35 markets across Asia, the Pacific, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Our core business is distribution in emerging markets, whereby we are exclusively responsible for an auto manufacturer’s sales and brand from the factory gate to the end user in a specific country. This includes logistics, advertising & marketing and retail.
You can find out more about us on our website: https://www.inchcape.com/en/index.html
This is a full-time contract, starting in January 2021 and reporting into the Group Strategy Manager as part of a small team covering three critical business activities:
- Group corporate strategy including;
- Our global operational and financial performance
- Our strategic planning approach and five year growth outlook
- Implementation of our strategy through;
- Global co-ordination of key cross-Business unit activities
- Ad hoc tactical support for our regional and market teams
- Identification & development of growth opportunities through;
- Partner and competitor research and ‘horizon scanning’
- Supporting our Business Development team with Due Diligence
- Supporting our Innovation team to design & test new business models and innovation opportunities
In particular, tasks will include:
- Gathering primary data on markets, automotive manufacturers and industry trends
- Helping to research and write reports to brief the senior management on key industry megatrends, such as electric vehicles, driverless cars and the changing automotive retail environment
- Working as part of the Group Strategy team to turn information into thoughtful insights and clear recommendations for the business
- Helping to prepare intelligence reports on company performance for the Chief Executive and his Executive Management Team
- Working with stakeholders of all levels from across the business and managing communication with our 35 markets on key strategic projects
- Preparation of presentations and reports for the PLC Board, Group Chief Executive, Director of Global Communications and Director of Business Development
- Project Management
- Taking ownership for discrete projects, recommending the approach and taking full accountability for direction and delivery
- Managing delivery of key initiatives from senior stakeholders to ensure critical data, analysis, insight or actions are delivered to a very high quality in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a candidate who has a passion to develop their core strategic skillset and an inherent curiosity to identify problems and develop logical solutions based on sound data and analytical rigour.
The general behaviours we look for in this role are:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Exceptional quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Initiative and commitment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong academic achievement
The role benefits from both on-the-job learning and a structured, one-on-one learning and development programme with the Group Strategy Manager & Head of Strategy that covers strategy development and commercial valuation.
The strategy analyst is a high profile role at Inchcape which has regular exposure to the senior leadership team both in head office and across our markets. The skillset and industry knowledge developed in the role are highly sought after within Inchcape, and externally, providing a wealth of options to move into commercial, operational or more strategic roles in other areas or parts of the business.
Inchcape Retail Limited